Known for its sports apparel and footwear, Puma has officially entered the smartwatch market, dominated by two major competitors — Samsung and Apple. The German multinational company has unveiled its first Wear OS device — the Puma Sport Connected at Europe’s biggest tech show IFA 2019 in Berlin. Puma has teamed up with well-known watchmaker Fossil to make this sports-focused smartwatch, will be available, starting November, for a retail price of $275.
Features & Specifications
- It has a 1.19-inch round AMOLED display that offers 328 pixels per inch for crystal clear viewing
- Equipped with Qualcomm Snapdragon 3100 chipset, 4GB of internal storage and 512MB of RAM.
- Made from a nylon composite, the 44mm casing consists of an aluminum ring on top and a nylon base
- Powered by Google’s WearOS platform
- 24 hours of battery life and an additional two days in battery saving mode
- Rapid Charging offering to up 80 percent battery in 50 minutes.
- 16mm removable silicone strap
- Available in three different colors, a sleek-looking black variant, a neon-green, and a black variant.
- Swim-proof and water-resistant up to 3 ATM and 50 meters.
- Activity/workout Tracking with an altimeter for measuring elevation and an accelerometer
- Built-in microphone
- Built-in GPS
- Heart Rate Sensor
- Google Assist, Google Fit, Google Pay
- Custom goal tracking
- Notifications, Calendar, Third-Party Apps such as Spotify app for music and Noonlight