Podcasts are a fantastic way to stay informed about the ever-evolving world of data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence (AI). Whether you’re a seasoned professional or just curious about these exciting fields, there’s a podcast out there that perfectly suits your needs.
Here are some top picks to kickstart your audio journey:
This engaging podcast features hosts Katherine Gorman and Ryan Adams, each with expertise in radio production and machine learning, respectively. They delve into complex concepts alongside experts, making them accessible to a broader audience, while occasional calls from listeners add an interactive element.
- Demystifying GPT-3: The AI that Writes Like You
- AI in the Wild: How AI is Shaping Your Everyday Life
- The Future of Artificial Intelligence with Andrew Ng
- The Ethics of AI: A Conversation with Cathy O’Neil
- Can AI Be Creative?
2. Data Skeptic
Hosted by Kyle Polich, Data Skeptic explores various topics, from natural language processing and data science to game theory. Episodes range from hour-long discussions with industry leaders to concise 10-15 minute summaries catering to different learning styles. While some episodes require a deeper understanding of the field, Kyle’s humor and engaging conversations make the content enjoyable and informative.
- The Data Skeptic Guide to Natural Language Processing
- The State of AI in 2023
- How AI is Used in Advertising
- The Data Skeptic Guide to Game Theory
- The Future of Data Science with Drew Conway
Hosted by Chief Data Scientist of O’Reilly Media, Ben Lorica, this podcast tackles the ever-growing realm of “big data.” Featuring interviews with leading figures, the show delves into the hottest data science topics, often assuming higher knowledge. This makes it ideal for experts and professionals seeking to stay ahead of the curve in the ever-evolving data landscape.
- Data-Driven Organizations with Hilary Mason
- The Ethics of AI with Timnit Gebru
- MLOps with Paige Roberts
- The Future of Big Data with Doug Cutting
- Building a Data-Driven Culture with DJ Patil
With AI advancements raising concerns about job displacement and potential risks, Learning Machines 101 aims to demystify the field and debunk common myths. While they strive to make AI approachable and entertaining, some technical discussions may require prior knowledge.
- The Truth About Artificial Intelligence
- Debunking Myths About AI
- The Future of AI Jobs
- How AI is Used in Medicine
- AI and the Environment
Hosted by Ben Jaffe and Katie Malone, Linear Digressions focuses on explaining real-world applications of neural networks and various machine learning concepts. Their concise and engaging 15-30-minute episodes make complex topics digestible for a wider audience, providing valuable insights for those seeking a practical understanding.
- Neural Networks Explained in 10 Minutes
- Machine Learning for Beginners
- The Applications of Machine Learning
- The Future of Machine Learning with Pedro Domingos
- Deep Learning for the Curious
6. Data Stories
Created by Enrico Bertini and Moritz Stefaner, Data Stories features weekly discussions with guests from diverse backgrounds. This podcast delves deeper into specific themes, with data visualization as the central focus. Over 100 episodes, each lasting 30-50 minutes, offer a wealth of knowledge for those interested in this crucial aspect of data science.
- The Power of Data Visualization
- Storytelling with Data
- Visualizing Big Data
- The Ethics of Data Visualization
- The Future of Data Visualization