Robotic Process Automation (RPA) continues to accrue significant attention from organizations for a myriad of reasons. Implementing RPA not only boosts your organization’s overall profit it also encourages your employees to be more productive. Robotic Process Automation can also work wonders for a company’s efficiency.
Even though RPA has several positive impacts on businesses, some business owners are still doubtful about employing this technology. Rather than looking at RPA as a means to job reduction, you should embrace it as a tool of liberation from repetitive tasks.
If deployed sensitively and effectively, RPA could help boost productivity and efficiency in an organization – giving employees time to focus on more creative or strategic tasks that align with the organization’s defining purpose.
This article aims to provide insight into the efficiency-boosting benefits of Robotic Process Automation in a business. Hopefully, it will help you realize the significance of embracing and implementing RPA in your business.
How Would RPA Help a Business?
Since its inception, Robotic Process Automation has seamlessly revolutionized and streamlined business processes. Organizations in different industries can utilize RPA to automate mundane tasks that can be performed with little or no human involvement. With RPA, you can:
- Minimize errors
- Encourage employees to take up or learn more critical functions
- Save costs by automating mundane day-to-day functions
- Invest resources in core business operations
- Boost the overall efficiency of your business
How Does RPA Boost Efficiency?
1. RPA Improves Customer Experience
RPA is more accurate, consistent, and faster than the humane workforce. Implementing RPA means you will be able to fulfill services faster while maintaining consistency and accuracy of processing and experience hence improving customer experience.
Consider call agents that rely on up to 3 systems to complete their job; when a customer’s address needs to be updated, they would have to wait patiently for an agent to make individual updates on all three systems while asking the customer to repeat their details over and over as they move from one screen to the next.
By introducing a digital solution, for instance, a contact center solution from NICE, you could automate this process. This means, instead of having to update details manually on 2-3 systems while keeping the customer on the line, these agents would only need to enter the update to the first system, and a virtual worker will make the subsequent system updates. This helps reduce the call time, which means a customer wouldn’t get frustrated with having to repeat the address multiple times or wait to receive a confirmation as their issues will be addressed more promptly.
RPA software robots can handle repetitive, customer service-based tasks much more efficiently and faster, significantly enhancing customer efficiency. Offering exceptional customer experience in highly competitive markets is vital, and implementing RPA will help you achieve this.
2. RPA Increases Speed and Agility
RPA can help an organization increase speed and agility in two ways:
- It provides flexible resources: RPA offers organizations a flexible resource that can effortlessly respond to fluctuation in demand. Take, for instance, a marketing campaign that can drive an unanticipated spike in demand; the organization wouldn’t be resourced to respond to such increases, which can negatively impact service quality and response times. In such cases, RPA software robots can be re-assigned to absorb demand fluctuations instantly or utilized to enable near real-time processing.
- It can be easily scaled to facilitate growth: RPA is a tool that can either be re-programmed to support the evolving needs of the business or scaled up or down to meet existing organizational demand. Additiontionally, RPA can be rapidly implemented relative to traditional enterprise projects. Once RPA is embedded in an organization’s processes, it can be automated in a few weeks or a matter of months, depending on the complexity of the process.
3. RPA Drives Operational Performance
If implemented, RPA can provide cost efficiencies or cost reduction, which will form (at least) a component of any business case. Illustrating the precise cost-benefit of RPA is difficult since:
- The cost and cost structure varies from one RPA solution to the next
- The average wage of an individual employee compared to an RPA can vary between functions, sectors, and countries
However, on average, globally promoted ratios argue that the cost of RPA software robots is around ⅓ of the cost of an individual employee.
In a wider view of operational performance, RPA can significantly improve a business’s output, productivity, and efficiency – or in simpler terms, RPA can help you do more, faster, and with considerable quality.
RPA software robots can perform business processes 60% faster than the human workforce and are 100% compliant and accurate. Additionally, RPA software robots can perform tasks 24 hours a day – this means no breaks, “bad days”, or holidays.
Choose RPA today for your business
Businesses need to adopt and implement RPA solutions to have a better insight into their primary business goals and how to achieve them. Even if the available IT infrastructure and business processes are effective, you might still benefit from considering RPA as a user-friendly tool to help you meet your automation objectives. If your process, applications, or platforms are outdated, you can utilize RPA to solve any existing issues.
Overall, in an era that revolves around digital transformation, robotic process automation is a must-have requirement for organizations that want to increase their productivity, efficiency, and overall performance.