Waste materials that we generate relentlessly every day create serious environmental and health challenges in all countries. Indiscriminate and inappropriate domestic litter disposal habits and poor waste disposal systems have seriously contributed to environmental pollution and ecological deterioration.
Realizing the possible adverse effect of waste materials, countries and companies across the globe encourage the proper recycling of garbage to avoid less garbage being thrown in landfills and other places, contaminating the environment. An ideal waste management also reduces carbon emission since there is less energy used in recycling than creating new products that will replace what has been used and put in the trash.
Recycling is also a profitable business. It can create lots of jobs for people. Whether you are building a big processing plant for recycling garbage or a small cooperative business in the community to make new and creative ways to reuse and recycle trash, you are doing jobs for people.
Creating new things from garbage is also cool and satisfying. You can make bags from trash or innovate the use of the trash that can elevate the way of life for people. It will get your creativity and ingenuity going. And the best thing is, you are making the earth a better place to live in, too.
Recycling and reusing your trash at home seems like a simple thing, right? However, recycling on an industrial scale is not as simple as you think. There is a lot of machinery involved, and it can be quite expensive to acquire these machines.
Skip hire companies have a duty and ethical responsibility to recycle and reuse as much of the waste that they collect as possible. It’s good to know most skip hire companies take recycling and waste management seriously.
The government has also placed a ban on sending certain types of waste to landfill sites, so recycling is the only option for these materials. Managing waste and rubbish is a complex and ongoing task for businesses and landfill sites, but it’s one that C&R Lewis Skip Hire operates very well.
C&R Lewis Skip hire has a range of machinery and equipment that helps them to recycle and reuse as much waste as possible. They also work with other businesses to ensure that as much waste as possible is diverted away from landfill sites. It’s important to us that everyone does their bit to help the environment, and feels strongly that businesses have a responsibility to lead the way.
Here are some types of recycling machinery and what they are used for:
- Bag Opener: This machine is used for opening bags so that you won’t need to cut them, and you can leave the contents of the bag intact. This machine is modular, so you can adjust it according to the type or size of the bag you are dealing with.
- Conveyor Belts: Every industrial-grade manufacturing or processing plant will always have a conveyor belt in their plants. This machinery is important in getting your raw materials from one processing machine to another and getting the finished products from the processing plant to the packing area. Whatever the needs are, the conveyor belt will get things moving automatically and efficiently.
- Separators: Also known as sorting machines, its job is to separate different types of waste or garbage. It uses a disc screener or filter to distinguish the trash types and separate them from the rest. This machine is very flexible since you can modify it to filter different types of waste. You can use it to separate metals, remove liquids, or sort wood from stones and others.
- Universal Shredder: Shredders are very essential in recycling. It’s the machine that is responsible for cutting the waste into smaller pieces. Whether it is plastic, paper, or other waste, it is important to cut them up first before proceeding to a different processing machine used in recycling.
- Baling Press: A baling press is very essential machinery in the recycling process. They compress waste materials into bales or a tightly packed bundle. After initial processing, waste is often pressed to become bales to transport to a different facility to complete the recycling process or stored in storage, awaiting another process.
- Paper Refiner: For a recycling facility specializing in recycling paper, a paper refiner would be very vital in making sure that the finished product is of high quality. A paper refiner filters the fiber in the paper to improve the fibers’ capacity to bond with each other, creating a stronger and smoother recycled paper.
- Granulators: This machine cuts or crushes waste materials into tiny pieces or granules. Granule-size waste materials are easier to transport or store. It could also be necessary for the materials to be turned into granules before proceeding to the next process.
- Rotary Shears: This machine rotates slowly, has a high-torque, and a double shaft crusher. It is ideal for cutting a high volume of plastic, metal, wires, and other waste materials into smaller pieces.
- Reel Splitters: This machine is available as a mechanical or a hydraulic machine. It is used to cut problematic or defective paper reels and separate the paper product from the core. The separated and cut paper will then proceed to another process to complete the recycling. Some reel splitters are also configured to cut not just papers but aluminum reels, too. It can also be used to cut bales of compacted bundles of various raw materials.
- Centrifuge Separator: This machine is ideal for recycling processing plants that deal specifically with plastics. It is used to clean, dry, and separate different types of crushed plastic materials. The rotor of the centrifuge separator runs at 1,500 revolutions per minute. The perforated trommel, on the other hand, runs in the opposite direction. The heavy plastic will sink at the bottom while the lighter non-plastic materials and water get separated through the perforated trommel and thrown out.
Listed above are just some of the machinery that can be used for recycling. If you are interested in going into the recycling business, you have to create a plan first with the help of professionals in the industry.
Determine what processes will be done in the plant you plan to build and find out which machines would be necessary to complete your plant. Most importantly, make sure that your budget would fit the cost required to acquire this machinery.
Recycling is a good business and can become very profitable, especially if you already know the ins and outs of the business. Most of all, you can help the environment by reducing the waste that goes to landfills and recycling them for other purposes.
About the author: Bailey Hudson is a freelance industrial writer who focuses on quality industrial equipment and modern manufacturing. Bailey is currently writing for SummitMT.