A new generation of applications is being discussed all over the world. These new types of software are called blockchain apps or DApps. No one owns these applications. They cannot be closed and cannot simply be stopped. Sounds crazy, doesn’t it?
Blockchain technology can transform established business processes and radically change the work with regulators. If you are not afraid to take risks and want to keep up with the times, our article is for you. Below you will find the meaning of applications for blockchain, scopes, and development methods.
What are Blockchain Apps or DApps in Simple Words
Blockchain apps are decentralized applications (DApps.) Softwares are similar to regular apps and offer identical features, but the key difference is that they run on a peer-to-peer network like blockchain using smart contracts. This means that no individual or entity has control over the network.
In simpler terms, blockchain is a technology that allows people who do not know each other to trust and share a record of events. No one can covertly forge data inside this system, which is recognized as corruption-resistant.
The blockchain analogy is a necklace. Each bead is a “block” or record of action: people cannot destroy this “chain.” Thus, the blockchain is an indestructible digital record of activities. The reliability of this system has made it possible to use it to improve the efficiency of money transactions and information exchange among individuals, corporations, and even the public sector.
Areas of Use for DApps And Benefits
The number of areas in which you can use Dapps is unlimited: banking, intellectual property, law, insurance, logistics, medicine, and many others. Based on some areas, we will consider the advantages of blockchain apps:
- Online auctions. Internet auctions are one of the areas that are most prone to manipulation by players. Blockchain allows transparency in auctions, which became popular during the NFT boom.
- Real estate. The real estate industry has many dark spots and uncertainties, so people cannot be 100% sure that the execution of any real estate-related transactions is transparent and safe enough. However, blockchain for real estate is changing this industry. Technology helps build trust between stakeholders by providing complete transparency in all transactions.
- P2P marketplaces have quickly gained popularity: they allow anyone to sell goods. People do not need to rent or buy sales rooms to store goods. The problem with centralized marketplaces is that sellers can fake reviews to increase their rating, and it is impossible to track whether a person bought a product. Blockchain can eliminate this problem as transactions are easy to trace.
As you can see, the main advantage is the increased security of transactions. Therefore, the blockchain can be an excellent financial assistant, whatever your type of activity.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Create a Blockchain App
Even though the blockchain is the most extraordinary novelty of the 21st century, there is a simple guide to building your blockchain app. Having mastered this technology, you will learn to develop not only a blockchain app but also your DApp-token, which users can use in it.
1. Think of a Project Idea
In any business, the first thing you should think about is the concept before you start creating a blockchain. Some projects can do without this technology. Determine in advance what are the prospects for blockchain implementation. Consider the problems you want to solve with a DApp. If it’s financial or security concerns, DApp can solve them.
2. Explore the Competitors
Browse the market for available applications and find out what solutions they used to improve the platforms. If you find that some features are outdated, you can create a more advanced app based on the blockchain. You will become more competitive in the market and attract more users.
3. Decide on a Blockchain App Creation Method
From a technical point of view, experts identify four ways of blockchain app development:
- Use an open blockchain app. For example, you can inject Ethereum or Bitcoin into your platform.
- Create a private network with blockchain software.
- Choose a BaaS provider and integrate their cloud service into your application. Prominent representatives of BaaS are Amazon, Azure, and Microsoft.
- Develop a blockchain network on the most convenient platform for you.
The easiest way to create a blockchain app is the latter. It is to him that the next step will be dedicated.
4. Choose the Platform You Like
Choosing the right platform for your blockchain project is difficult as there are over 50 options. Therefore, we have prepared an overview of reliable platforms:
- Ethereum is the most used platform that allows you to quickly create a blockchain app and your ecosystem using a language called Solidity. Also, smart contracts are integrated here.
- R3 Corda is a technology that targets commerce, healthcare, trade finance, and supply chain. A feature of R3 Corda is the ability to create permissioned blockchains and integrate them with legacy systems.
- Ripple is a platform for those who dream of a reliable financial instrument. The platform allows you to create an app that can send money anywhere in the world and connect to various banks or financial institutions. Ripple is speedy: in 1 second, the platform can process five transactions.
The above systems differ in their functions, so you must define the problems and the business concept in advance. The platforms are equipped with guides, so even a beginner can master these technologies.
5. Start the Development Process
The blockchain app development process will depend on which language, strategy, and method you choose. However, whether you are using a ready-made platform or developing an app from scratch, the steps may overlap:
- Business analysis – at this stage, you must prescribe the project requirements and set goals and technical tasks.
- Design – in this step, you must calculate the design cost and sketch the ideas.
- Preparation – this stage includes setting up the development environment, API, backend, and architecture.
- Development and quality control – these steps are closely intertwined because you will have to run quality control tests as you gradually implement ideas.
- Deployment – for your app to be helpful, it must meet all the requirements of the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Support – this step includes updating libraries, frameworks, and operating systems, introducing new features, and making changes to the application to the current needs of your business.
Be careful not to deviate from the instructions, even if you are an experienced programmer. These steps will keep the excellent functionality and security of the app.
Decentralized apps are more reliable than other software. They provide secure and fast international transactions, offer transparent data storage, and guarantee the absence of fraudulent intrusions. The technology is actively developing, and on the example of Amazon or Microsoft, you can be sure that this is the best solution for business. If you’d like to explore the topic in more depth, we recommend visiting UX Planet and Computerworld, which publish extensive IT information regularly.