The February 2021 issue of SME’s Smart Manufacturing magazine recognizes 20 successful female leaders in robotics and automation.
The list of this international group of women was developed by SME, the professional association committed to advancing manufacturing and developing a skilled workforce, in consultation with leaders from across the robotics and automation industries.
According to SME, this international group of women represents a comprehensive cross section of technologies in robotics and automation and a heightened awareness of the inherent impact humans exert on our planet and the positive impact that concerted efforts in their various disciplines can have.
Robert Willig, executive director and CEO of SME, said that this group of women has not only the vision to create new products ― and in some cases even new product categories ― they also have the technological background and business acumen to bring them to market and a willingness to teach others the processes necessary to make the next generations successful in our industry.
The magazine provides a more extensive article detailing the accomplishments of the women selected in this exceptional group. RoboticsBiz is glad to list these female leaders working to broaden the use of robotics and automation in the smart manufacturing market globally.
- Jade Le Maître, emerging technologies leader, CGI
- Nuzha Yakoob, head of technology and innovation, Festo
- Roberta Nelson Shea, Global Technical Compliance Officer, Universal Robots
- Gillan Hawkes, VP of Product & Analytics, 6 River Systems
- Tessa Lau, CEO, Dusty Robotics
- Melonee Wise, CEO, Fetch Robotics
- Lisa Masciantonio, Chief Workforce Officer, Advanced Robotics for Manufacturing (ARM) Institute
- Marie-Christine Caron, Senior Engineering Section Manager, GE Aviation
- Fritzi Moneza, Senior Principal Manufacturing Engineer, Advanced Automation Northrop Grumman
- Sue Keay, CEO, Queensland AI Hub
- Susanne Lauda, Director, Global Advanced Manufacturing Technology AGCO
- Helen Greiner, CEO, Tertill
- Helena Samsioe, CEO and Founder, GLOBHE
- Amy Elliott, Research Scientist, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Rosa Ciprian, Senior Electrical Engineer Lead, Alert Innovation
- Elena Messina, Group Leader, Manipulation & Mobility Systems NIST
- Christine Spiten, Co-founder, Blueye Robotics
- Nicole Renee Williams, Thermoplastic Composite Materials and Process Manager, The Boeing Co
- Cynthia Breazeal, Professor and Associate Director, MIT Media Lab
- Leah Curry – President, Toyota Motor Manufacturing
Smart Manufacturing focuses on advanced manufacturing technologies and tools that are driven or enhanced by integrated information technology. SME connects manufacturing professionals, academia and communities, sharing knowledge and resources to build inspired, educated and prosperous manufacturers and enterprises. It also promotes manufacturing technology, developing a skilled workforce and attracting future generations to advance manufacturing.